Thursday, March 26, 2015

At a Restaurant


Ordering Food at a Restaurant


Sometimes it is fun to go out to eat at a restaurant. There are many different types of restaurants in the United States. People like to try different types of food when they go to a restaurant. At a restaurant there are waiters or waitresses that will take your order. First, you should look at the menu and decide what you want to eat. The waiter or waitress will ask you what you would like to eat. You can answer by saying "I would like" or "I will have".  Sometimes you will want to order an appetizer or starter meal. Then you will order a main course or entree.  If you like sweet foods you might want to order some dessert! Don't forget to ask for a bill/check after you are done eating!

Answer the questions below in the comments button:

1. What is a tip?

2. What phrases or words should you use to order a meal? 


3. How do you tell the waiter or waitress you don't want something in the meal?


4. Have you ever tried food a the restaurant that you didn't like? What did you do?


If you are done go to this website and look at a sample conversation for ordering food.
http://esl.about.com/library/beginner/blwouldlike.htm


15 comments:

  1. 1. Tip = money
    2.I can say I would like... or I will have....
    3.I would not like....
    4.Yes,I have. I told her I don't like sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1-the tip is people usually leave money on the table for said tank you.
    2-I would like .....tank you.
    3-I don't like tank you
    4-.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mitra
      1-the tip a word and thanks.you may pay money to the waiter or waitresses.
      2-I would like ...thank you.
      3-I don't like thanks.
      4- I don't say any thing.

      Mitra

      Delete
  3. 1.TIP is award and thanks,you may pay money to waiter or waitresses.
    2.I told waiter:i would like this or please give me .
    3.I don't like this,thank's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4.NO,i didn't.i told waiter I dones't eat.

      Delete
  4. 1. A tip is money for a good service.
    2.The words that we should use to order a meal are "I would like".
    3.If I don't want something in the meal, I will say " I would not like".
    4.I will say "I don't really like this. If the add to the food something ,it will be more delicious".

    Howell

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1.when you get good service and food in restaurant, you can pay more money for the service, this is a tip.
    2.when I order the food,I usually use - I would like...
    3.l will say: I would like my salad less salty &oil, please!
    4.yes l do.so I never come back that restaurant anymore!
    yun zhu

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1.A Tip It is money , give to waiter.
    2."I would like" or "I will have".
    3."I would not like" or "I will not have".
    4.yes ,ever had. I will never again go to. I say byebye.

    BOJIE SHI

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1,IT is money what the customer give the waiter for good service.
    2," I would like ....."
    3,I would not like..........
    4, Yes ,of Couse, but, my stomach was very bad!

    junjie

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. for a good service pay the money.
    2. We should use to order a meal are " I would like"
    3. If I don't want something in the meal, I'll say "I would like......"
    4. I'll say: sorry, I don't like

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. A tip is for when the food.in the restaurant and the service is good.
    2. I would like order water . please
    3. sorry . can you help me I want to know .what kind the food do you have,
    4.thanks but . I don't like the service ,don't going pay you, sorry

    jose adam

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1- Tip is basic price depends on waiters service performance
    2-At the restaurant waiters that will take your order. First look at the menu and decide want you want to eat. Waiters will ask me "what you like a starter?" I answer, yes I'd like to soup and salad." Then I will order a main course.
    3- "No thank you. Can I have the bill?" please.
    4-I'm sorry . I don't like the soup.
    waiters:"what's wrong with the soup?'
    I answer "it's too cold."
    waiters maybe changes the soup :)
    melek yilmaz

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1.Tip is the restaurant's food and service is good ,people want to pay some money .
    2.I usually use "I would like" or" I will have".
    3.I like my meal less salty please.
    4.If I don't like, I will ask the waiter to change my meal,or I never come back again.
    Jessie Cui

    ReplyDelete