Thursday, April 23, 2015

Using the Verb "Will"

Will is an auxiliary verb and is used in many different scenarios

For example:

I will call you later.- Making a promise.

I will have the salmon for lunch. - Making a decision.

It will rain tomorrow. - Making a prediction about the future.

Sometimes 'will' is used in the place of 'going to' in a sentence. 

We also commonly use the contraction of Will in English:

Her are some more examples using the verb 'will':
  • The sun will rise at 6.30 tomorrow. 
  • Lunch break today will be 10 minutes longer than usual.
  • In the year 2050 all students will have their own computers in school.
  • If you help me, I will help you.
  • Do you think she will come soon?
  • You won't pass your exams if you don't start working harder.
  • I know my parents won't let me go to the party.
  • Will it snow for Christmas?
  • I know she's sick, but will she be back in school tomorrow?
 *Use what you know! Click on the comments box and make 3 sentences using the verb will in the future tense. 
*Then write one sentence using will in the negative form (won't) in a sentence.


When you are done click on the links to answer questions using will and will not= Won't 


Can, Could, May and Might




10 comments:

  1. I will cook by myself at home.
    My mother will walk at the park.
    I will have good luck in my life.
    I won't drive to Boston.
    Hu/meini

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will go to the doctor tomorrow.
    My daughter will draw in class tomorrow.
    I will go to supermarket after class.
    We won't go to the park .
    Jessie Cui

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will stay here three hours learn English.
    They will enjoy to travel Miami.
    I will be back tomorrow.
    They won't go to Beijing.


    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1- I will learn English this year.
    2-I will go to university.
    3-I'll buy a home for children.
    4-I wont have simple live for my children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will cook lunch.
    I will go to work later.
    I will buy some food.
    I won't sing because I have a cough.
    Ada Peng

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. In July 2015,my family will go to China.
    2.My son will visit his classmates who he has missed long time.
    3. My wife will reunite her parents and she will be excited.
    4.I won't be in America and I will miss my friends in America in that time.
    Hawell

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. We will go to suffield to pick up our sons to come back home tomorrow.
    2.My husband will be late to the airport if we do not go at 10:00am.
    3.We will go now, if you are ready.
    4.If you do not finish your meal I won't read you a bedtime-story.
    Yun Zhu


    ReplyDelete
  8. 1.In August I will travel with my daughter.
    2. WE will go to Italy.
    3.WE will have an unforgettable trip.
    4. WE won't hot.when we trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know it is very difficult, but I will learn Engilish.
    We will go to the movie next Sunday..
    Will it rain on the weekend?
    I won't go on vacation next summer, because we will think about having another child.

    Melek Yilmaz..

    ReplyDelete